About the Upcoming Workshop
Over four hours of live, online instruction, you'll learn how to create animated explainer videos using common tools like presentation software and screen recorders.
Lee will be your guide through every aspect of video production, from writing the script to producing the final video. You'll learn explanation and video creation skills that will become part of your professional toolkit.
Meeting Schedule: Winter 2024
Session 1: Tuesday, January 9th, 11 am PT (1 Hour):
- Explanation skills
- How to use generative AI for scripts
- Writing your script
Session 2: Tuesday, January 16th, 11 am PT (1 Hour):
- Review your scripts
- Moving from words to visuals
- Creating a thumbnail storyboard
Session 3: Monday, January 22nd, 11 am PT (1 Hour):
- Review storyboards
- Build your video scene-by-scene
- Animate visuals
- Prepare for production
Session 4: Tuesday, January 30th, 11 am PT (1 Hour):
- Recording the video and voice-over
- Editing your video
- Ideas for sharing
Session 5: Tuesday, January 30th, 11 am PT (30 minutes)
- Finishing touches, sharing, captioning
- Share your videos
- Discuss use cases
All online workshop sessions will be recorded and distributed to all attendees.
The workshop has an online workspace with helpful videos, documents, templates, and guides that support Lee's online instruction. Access to the workspace does not expire.
What you'll need:
The production method requires only common tools and equipment. You'll need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- Zoom meeting equipment (headphones/earbuds, microphone)
- Presentation software (Google Slides, PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Screen Recorder (I'll share free options)
All online sessions will be recorded and distributed to all attendees.